Blogging for Mental Health. Our mental health matters each and every week, but with so much going on in the world around us it can be hard to focus on being kind to our minds.
As many of us know, May is Mental Health Awareness Month. If you do not know, mental health includes our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It affects how we think, feel, and act. It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others, and make healthy choices. Mental health doesn’t discriminate, one can experience this at any age. Here at Milano Di Rouge, we care about our Dreamers and their mental state. We have carefully created a list for our Dreamers who are experiencing any mental health issues or simply just want to get back to peace of mind while making your dreams a reality.
Let’s get into it. First, we have to identify what the signs and symptoms are! According to Mayo Clinic, Patient Care and Health Information Mental Illness, “A mental illness can make you miserable and can cause problems in your daily life. Symptoms can affect emotions, thoughts, and behaviors.” A few signs and symptoms to be aware of are as followed -
- Feeling sad or down
- Confused thinking or reduced ability to concentrate
- Excessive fears or worries, or extreme feelings of guilt
- Extreme mood changes of highs and lows
- Withdrawal from friends and activities
- Significant tiredness, low energy or problems sleeping
- Inability to cope with daily problems or stress
- Major changes in eating habits
- Suicidal thinking
If you or someone you know is struggling, reach out and get support - you don’t have to face it alone. Milano Cares and want our dreamers to be able to effectively identify and learn how to manage when one’s mental state is taking a toll. Try the following to get back to you and make your dreams a reality.
- Get regular exercise. Just 30 minutes of walking every day can help boost your mood and improve your health.
- Eat healthy and stay hydrated. A balanced diet and plenty of water can improve your energy and focus throughout the day. Shop the “Don’t Be Thirsty” Bottle
- Make sleep a priority. Stick to a schedule, use less screen time before bed, and make sure you’re getting enough sleep while using the Milano Di Rouge Voyage Blanket.
- Try a relaxing activity. Stay cozy in our Lux Signature Sweatsuit while exploring relaxation, wellness programs, or even journaling.
- Set goals and practice gratitude. While using the Dream Notebook, decide what must get done, and how you can do it. Learn to take a break and say “no” when you are starting to feel overwhelmed. Remind yourself of the things you are grateful for daily. Be very detailed.
- Focus on positivity and stay connected to your loved ones. Identify and challenge your negative thoughts and turn them into positive. Reach out to your family or friends who can provide emotional support.